Know your ability level and stay within it.
To increase your enjoyment of the sport, follow the “Watersports Responsibility Code”.
Familiarize yourself with all applicable laws, the risk inherent in the sport, and the proper use of equipment.
- Know the waterways where you will be skiing or riding Do not ski or ride in shallow water, near shore, docks, swimmers or other watercraft.
- Always wear Standards Approved PFD 1 and whilst water skiing, wakeboarding, knee boarding PFD 2 or 3.
- Read your owners manual and inspect your equipment prior to use.
- Ski or ride within your limits.
- Always have a person other than the boat driver as an observer and agree on hand signals before starting.
- Do not operate watercraft, ski or ride under the influence of alcohol or drugs.